Hunt County Public Art is seeking ideas for our next big project — or maybe several projects — to be completed in 2015.
If you’re a Hunt County artist with an idea for a public art project that could make this area a more vibrant place to live, we want to hear from you. You can show us your idea and apply for funding by filling out this application. Whether you have an idea for a mural, a sculpture or any other kind of public art installation that you could create, we want to hear it.
1. Fill out the application form.
2. Turn in the application, along with any related renderings or drawings of your proposal, by:
— Scanning and e-mailing to email@example.com.
— Bringing it in person to Marianne Eubanks at the Greenville Chamber of Commerce office.
— Mailing it to the Greenville Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 1275, Greenville, TX 75403.
3. Finalists will be notified and invited to present their proposal to our Project Selection Committee in October.
October 2014: Finalists selected and presentations made to Project Selection Committee.
November 2014: Winning project(s) named and announced.
December 2014 – February 2015: Winning artist will help with fundraising and P.R.
February 2015: Hearts for the Arts Gala will be held to raise funds for project(s).
End of 2015: Project expected to be completely finished and installed.
The Project Selection Committee will consider the following criteria when choosing a project to fund:
1. Overall visual and artistic impact to Hunt County.
2. Eliminating blight and urban decay from its chosen location.
3. Artist’s track record and experience in completing artwork of a similar scope.
4. Legwork that shows this project has a realistic chance of being completed in a professional, first-class way.
5. Support from stakeholders, including neighbors, community groups and property owners.
6. Financial viability and efficient use of funding.